There are many ways to lose weight, but it’s often hard to keep it off unless change has also been made to both your lifestyle and your mindset. The word ‘diet’ implies something short term, with a return being made to your usual eating habits afterwards, so make changes that ensure a healthy approach to permanent weight loss. If you make weight loss your sole aim you are likely to fail, however by making good health your aim, then you are far more likely to achieve your goals.
Maintain a Positive Mental Attitude
You wont achieve anything unless you really want it! 100%! And the words you use to talk to yourself have a direct bearing on the probability of you achieving any goal you set yourself in life. Remember that if you want to lose weight – keep your goals reasonable, as disappointment and frustration are the death of a good diet.
Here are a few tips to keeping positive:
1. Trying to be perfect from the start leads to failure in 90% of cases
2. For the first month, focus on the 20% of actions that make 80% of the difference (write these down)
3. Take it slowly, baby-steps, day-by-day and celebrate each success – not with food!
4. Give yourself a cheat day, or relax every now and then – treat yourself!
5. If you have a bad day, don’t beat yourself up! Take time to think what happened and start again, right NOW!